I’m not sure what’s worse, not having a good meal or not having a Trader Joe’s in your city. The latter I experienced growing up in a small town, but once I moved to Seattle I finally experienced the magical land that every other college kid on a budget had been raving about. From cauliflower gnocchi to kale pesto, Trader Joe’s makes it easy cooking cheap and easy. This pesto butternut squash bowl is made with only five Trader Joe’s items, so yummy and simple anyone can make!
Purchases from Trader Joe’s to make this recipe includes their vegan kale pesto, butternut squash zig-zags, mirepoix, and parmesan cheese which all come together to make an easy, nutritious pesto butternut squash bowl.
From affordable products to serving sizes that are more single-person friendly i.e. me, Trader Joe’s is a never-ending vessel of goodness. I’m sincerely sorry if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you and I feel your pain. Nonetheless, you can replicate the ingredient list by making your own pesto and cutting up regular butternut squash to make a similar dish that proves food can be healthy, quick, and fun! Talk about a Fearless Flyer deal!
Pesto Butternut Squash Bowl
- 1 box Trader Joe's butternut squash zig-zags
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's kale pesto
- 1 container of Trader Joe's mirepoix
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 oz. shredded parmesan omit if dairy free
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-large fry pan, heat up 1 Tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Toss in the butternut squash and mirepoix and sauté until cooked, 8-10 minutes.
- Toss in spinach, turn off heat, and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Pour in pesto and stir until all vegetables are covered.
- Finish with shredded parmesan and serve.