I’ve been baking A LOT due to quarantine. With that said, I can’t go a day without vegetables to keep my immune system up and body feeling good. Although it’s not broccoli or kale, sweet potatoes are a staple veggie in my diet as a natural, vitamin-filled source of carbohydrates. The saying “eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring” is so true and I think this recipe proves it by taking one simple ingredient and elevating it in the most perfect sweet and salty way!
Roasted Sweet Potato with Feta, Fig, and Tahini
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 5-6 figs sliced long-wise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt + to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Slice sweet potatoes long-wise in about 1/4 inch slices, similar to large french fries.
- Toss with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and salt so sweet potato slices are covered evenly.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay sweet potatoes out in a single layer and roast potatoes for about 15-20 minutes until tender with a slight crisp.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 5-10 min.
- When ready, arrange sweet potatoes on plate and drizzle with tahini. Then sprinkle feta, figs, and walnuts on top.