My two favorite foods in order: salmon, and greens. Luckily I was never the kid that you had to force vegetables on and to this day, I enjoy adding some sort of green to every single meal. I may not look good in green, but I do love eating mine.
But of course, there’s always the exception and there are a few select greens I just can’t seem to get on board with no matter how hard I try: collards, celery, and cucumbers. While the latter two are in tons of recipes from smoothies to mirepoix to snacks on their own, collards often fade into the background. I never ate collards growing up and the only way I knew they were consumed were cooked with meats like in classic Southern U.S. cooking.
But kale and spinach have had their spotlight long enough and I’ve found a way add one more loved green to my vegetable drawer. Uncooked, collard greens are a bright, vivacious, vitamin-full leafy green that make a much sturdier wrap than lettuce. There are actually a few different varieties but all bunched together they are called rainbow chard, which most of us know them as.
This is a super easy recipe because there’s minimal prep for maximum flavors. The collard greens are all ready to go by themselves, all that’s left to do are make a salmon salad with some classic Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning, throw in some chopped veggies, put the veggies and salmon spread in the collard greens, wrap it all up and taste the actual rainbow… chard!
Salmon Veggie Collard Wraps
- 2 large collard green leafs
- 1 6 oz. can of sockeye salmon tuna also works⠀⠀
- 2 Tbsp avocado mayo⠀
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 red bell pepper sliced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage sliced ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 avocado sliced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Clean and dry collard leaves, removing stem ends.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Mix salmon and mayo together with Everything But the Bagel seasoning until thoroughly combined. Set aside.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Lay collard leaf out and put salmon spread down the spine.
- Top with all the veggies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Gently roll the collard greens into burrito-like shape, slice in half and take a bite!