I ate these gluten-free blueberry crumble bars for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week straight. It was one of those recipes that shouldn’t have been as good as it was. So reluctantly, I thought I’d share! Plus, it’s gluten-free and refined sugar-free for those wanting to bake their blueberry crumble bars and devour them too. Forget those hyphenated scaries and let the real star of this gluten-free recipe show off… butter.
Butter is beautiful. It plays such a distinct role in many forms of cooking, especially baking. Butter makes this the crispiest and most flavorful crust that pairs perfectly with the sweet tartness of the baked blueberries. Each bite is buttery, salty, sweet, and crumbly goodness.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 cup grass-fed butter cold
- 1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In your food processor pulse together gluten-free flour, oats, sugar and salt until combined.
- Add in the cold butter and pulse until combined and coarse. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the blueberries and coat in coconut sugar and arrowroot starch. Add in the lemon juice and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the pan, press half of the dough mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust.
- Spread the blueberries on top of the first layer of crust.
- Spread the remaining crust mixture on top of the blueberries and press lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the fruit starts to bubble.
- Let cool for 5 min and serve warm.