Happy spring! Here’s a floral cookie to celebrate all things growing and blossoming. This would also be a great cookie recipe for a tea party or Easter brunch dessert. Note: I ordered my edible flowers from Amazon but you can find the best local version for yourself as well!
In honor of spring, I had a spring ritual gathering with some girlfriends to celebrate the new spring season coming in. For most of us, spring is a time for blooming, newness, and rebirth. And while that is so prominent in the fresh flowers I see blooming and the longer days I sit outside for, I realized I focus much more on the pretty flower aspects of my life than the deep and dirty roots.
For this next new spring season, I’m focusing not only on what’s on top of the ground like the pretty social media posts and what my life looks like from the outside, but what’s IN the ground. My roots. The roots that plant me, which way they go, which direction they are growing and twisting, which ones are getting so big they are popping up and forcing me to trip and take notice. My roots are my passions, my instincts and true soul and I am humbled by where they are have led me and continue to help me grow.
Spring Floral Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz dried edible flowers
- Pulse sugar and butter together in food processor
- Add flour and extract, pulse until dough comes together
- Roll out dough and smooth in flat oval
- Wrap in plastic and put in fridge for about 2 hrs
- Take out of fridge and roll out to ¼ inch thickness
- Cut with your fav cookie cutters and move to baking sheet
- Gently coat a thin layer of beaten egg white onto the center of each cookie, gently press floral petals into cookie, and sprinkle with sugar
- Place entire tray into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to make sure cookie dough is cold before baking
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.9. let cool and enjoy!